At XXL-Rehab we have a mission to be updated with the latest knowledge within the bariatric field. For this reason, we regularly participate at international congresses and symposia focusing on research in the bariatric area.
· ASMBS - American Society for Metabolic Bariatric Surgery,
· CSMC, Toronto, Canada
· Annual Scientific Meeting of The Obesity Society, Washington, USA
· European Seating Symposium, Dublin, Ireland
· Emwa, Helsinki, Finland (focus on pressure ulcers and pain)
We like to share our extensive experience with practical handling of bariatric patients with our customers. It is part of our quality policy that we pass on knowledge and ensure understanding of how our products are used optimally.
Malene Alexandrowiz is the teacher of our Staff Training & Seminars. Malene is trained OT from the Occupational Therapy School of Aarhus, Denmark, and has many years of extensive experience with bariatric patients and bariatric aids.
Malene has also lectured at international conferences and symposia:
· UNBC, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada, 2008
Content of Staff Training & Bariatric Seminars
In the training Malene Alexandrowiz focus on recent research in the bariatric field and how this research can be translated into practice for therapists and specialized staff.
Her training covers aspects of:
· Definition and review of the different degrees of obesity
· Analysis of the different body types and shapes, with presentation of
· The different shapes makes different needs and resources
· Choice of aid, customization and deployment of the bariatric aid
· Communication, observation and interview with the bariatric patient
· Individual targets, monitoring and possible new goals focusing
· Measuring of the bariatric patient
· Physical environment
· Work and working environment for care givers
Send us an e-mail if you want to know more about the Staff Training & Seminars we can offer you.
Malene Alexandrowiz and Keld Jørgensen demonstrating “Bariatric Suits” at a theme day in Denmark.